A Guide with what Oxford means with their dress code names!
This illustrated guide is here to make it easier for you to choose the outfit that will match the specified dress code for the different events organised by the MCR, College or the University. As always, feel free to contact The Committee with any questions!
Full academic dress, known as sub-fusc, must be worn at all formal University ceremonies (including matriculation, degree ceremonies and examinations). When sub-fusc is required, you should wear your appropriate gown, a mortar board and the following attire:
- - Black suit with black socks
- - Black skirt with black tights or stockings
- - Black trousers with black socks
You should also wear:
- - Plain white collared shirt or blouse
- - Black simple shoes and either a white or black bow tie
- - Black tie or a black ribbon
In other words, you can wear any combination of the items shown here.